Welcome to Thornham Chapel top of page
  Thornham Methodist Chapel stands on the site of the Old Toll House at Thornham Cross. The Chapel was built in 1849, and adjoining schoolroom added in1908.

The earlier construction is of random rubble and the later part of coursed rubble blocks of irregular size, brick dressings at the corners, gabled slate roofs with crested clay ridges, brick stack to the east, and cast-iron gutters and downpipes.
In the C20 a weatherboarded shed was added to the left side of the chapel.

The chapel and schoolroom are in late Gothick style.

The interior was refitted in the mid C19, including pews, pulpit, dado panelling, and a chimneypiece to the schoolroom.








Where are East and West Worlington? Map

Disclaimer: The Worlington Community Web Co-ordinator and the Editorial Team hold no responsiblity for the accuracy of the information on this website. The information provider is responsible for its accuracy and for checking that it is correctly repesented on the website. The Worlington Community Web Co-ordinator must be informed if any items of inaccuracy are identified on this website.

Community Web Kit provided free by BT